Trip Tips and Safety
- Wear your life jacket at all times
- Do not litter, bring back all trash
- Trash containers are at the livery
- Public launch sites do not provide trash containers-plan to dispose of your own
- Respect private property, wildlife, fishermen and other canoeists
- Be aware of water hazards, swim and wade at your own risk
- DO NOT DIVE!
- Wear sneakers or water shoes
- Thongs or street type sandals are not safe
- Carry food and clothing in watertight containers
- Carry roll of toilet paper in water tight container!!
- Take plenty of fluids
- GLASS CONTAINERS ARE NOT ALLOWED!
- Do not take anything you do not want lost (esp. keys)
- Remember what ever is taken may get wet so plan to have extra dry clothes and towels in your vehicle
- Take sunblock, allergy medications, hat and sunglasses (the glare on the water can be very intense)
- Use straps for eyeglasses and sunglasses
- Use or abuse of intoxicants can be dangerous and even deadly!
- Be advised that for picture taking, use a disposable water camera to prevent accidental submersion or loss of a regular expensive camera
Most of all…bring your sense of adventure! Keep your eyes open and enjoy the beauty surrounding you. All kinds of birds, fish, wildlife, trees, plants, and flowers await
Enjoy! Relax! Have Fun!!!!!!!!
We accept cash or checks. Sorry no credit or debit cards
For further information call Louie on 765-985-2000
or email: Info@millerscanoe.com